If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
The ‘ideal’ of beauty today is a skewed one and one that is historically divergent from previously held views. Previously, thinness was always considered synonymous with malnourishment, weakness, lack of prosperity and even suspect fecundity.
Consider the Venus Figurines, particularly Venus of Willendorf (pictured here) thought to date back about 35,000 years, which are considered to be some of the oldest ceramics known, and the earliest works of prehistoric art ever found.
Wide hips, a rounded belly and breasts were obviously prerequisites for the female form to be considered worthy of being worshiped as a fertility goddess or mother goddess.
Now contrast this with the pictures of models in recent times; Continue Reading…
My own personal hall of fame consists of famous and beautiful women – both current and past. They are confident Hollywood celebrities who've inspired us to look and feel "sexy at any size" … My top 10 famous plus size models / celebrities are –
1. Anna Nicole Smith, former legendary Guess Model, Playboy's Playmate of the Year 1993 and pop sex culture icon.
2. Kristie Alley TV personality and film star – star of Showtime TV Show "Fat Actress" detailing life of overweight actress in Hollywood and former Jenny Craig spokeswoman.
3. Tocarra Jones, starred in "America's Next Top Model" and "Celebrity Fit Club" episode "telling off the judge" about her weight. Continue Reading…
There are so many reasons to try and stop snoring –
- Snoring means sleep deprivation not on only to people around the snorer, but to the snorer themselves
- It can mean day time drowsiness and irritability and lack of focus and even hampered productivity
- Snoring is also known to hamper the libido
- Snoring is even known to increase risk of heart attack and stroke
- Snoring can be responsible for significant social and psychological damage to sufferers so say nothing of creating problems with intimate relationships such as marriage Continue Reading…